Saturday, December 10, 2011

Donna Summer - MacArthur Park (Extended Version)


Today, as I was walking up the road to the post office to get my Christmas homework assignment from my niece Taylor (via the liquor store), I was listening to music on my Blackberry when this song played.  Always loved the bridge to the radio version – sort of a reflective promise made in the past, innit?  Who WAS the love of your life?  Looking back - did you get what your heart desired?  Love this song…..

“There'll be another song for me
and I will sing it
there'll be another dream for me
someone will bring it
I will drink the wine while it is warm
and never let you catch me
 looking at the sun, oh yeah
and after all the loves of my life
after all loves in my life
you'll be the one

I will take my life into my hands
 and I will use it
I will win the worship in their eyes
 and I will lose it
I will have the things that I desire
and my passion flow
 like rivers through the sky
oh and after all the loves in my life
after all the loves in my life
you'll still be the one
and I'll ask myself why.


No comments:

STATCOUNTER


View My Stats
Powered By Blogger