Monday, May 19, 2008

DAZED AND CONFUSED


Yesterday while playing my 96th set of Solitaire on the computer I absentmindedly observed my furry roommate climbing the arm of the couch up onto the back to be closer - and higher behind me. Weighing only thirteen pounds and being the size of a large cat - this was something he did on a regular basis. I've accepted this as his attempt to compensate for his size: his being on top of the back of the couch when I was in it brought him up to my eye-level and gave him delusions of being the alpha male - a role we rotated on a weekly basis.

I returned to my losing streak with the computer when I suddenly heard from behind a frantic scratching, then a small THUD.

"Phelix! You alright boogie?!" I called out as I quickly jumped up and looked behind the couch.

There, looking directly in to the plant spotlight, between the terra cotta pot and the surge protectors was the slightly dazed dashi. I swear, all I could think of was, "don't look into the light, don't look into the light!" My second thought as I picked up the now docile creature between small giggles was "THAT'LL teach you to climb up the couch and ursup my position!"

Should I've been more concerned instead of laughing my ass off at the confused look on the face of my furry tormentor?

No comments:

STATCOUNTER


View My Stats
Powered By Blogger