Tuesday, February 10, 2009

AGAIN, ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I LOVE THE PEOPLE OF CHICAGO

To the rest of the world Chicago is the home of Superstation WGN. To us here in the Windy City it is the home of Channel 9's WGN, complete with the kookiest staff with a weird sense of humor. The morning show that begins at 5 am is my favorite because their morning crew is...well, to put it mildly, IN SERIOUS NEED OF PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION.

I still think Paul Konrad is the cutest weatherman, AND I've had for the longest time a HUGE crush on sportscaster Pat Tomasulo - he could tackle me ANYDAY.

The WGN Evening News at Nine is hosted by Mark Suppelsa (who replaced Steve Saunders recently), and the always fan-ta-bu-lous Allison Payne, with weather provided by Tom Skilling. Sometimes during this time slot, they are subbed by other members of the news team, in this case Robert Jordan and Jackie Bange.

These two have been working at WGN for years and it seems that they have practised a routine in keeping what I have always perceived as the 'WGN we-are-a-family' atmosphere that they perform during commercial breaks.

*sigh* I want to work in a place this this one day.......



Below is another video - and another example of the eccentric mentality - that pervades at CHICAGO'S VERY OWN WGN CHANNEL 9!!


No comments:

STATCOUNTER


View My Stats
Powered By Blogger