Saturday, June 20, 2009

WHY I LOVE FACEBOOK

There has been a lot of comments and criticism about the popular social networking site FACEBOOK. Some people see it as an invasion of privacy. Some think it's a waste of time. Others see it as another nail in the coffin of face-to-face social settings.

I disagree.

To me Facebook is a great way to re-connect with friends from the past, keep in touch with distant friends and relatives. Using the technology of Facebook you can inform your friends on your activities for the day, share photos, in general just interact as if distance was irrelevant.

For someone like me who have no relatives within a 1500 mile radius and with my former classmates from high school scattered all over the world Facebook is a great way to reach out and feel a part of something that's familiar.

I definitely feel less lonely as I share and communicate, laugh and comment as if if the past 20 years never interrupted our lives. I also enjoy hearing and seeing the success of family and friends, and feel a sense of well-being when I can share photos of a recent occasion or event that I participated in.

So, give Facebook a try - you'll never know who you'll re-connect with: maybe it's that one person you've always had a crush on but were afraid to talk to.....or maybe you be there to provide support to an old high-school flame going through tough times....or even just to remember fun times of the past with your "touring crew"!!!

For more information on using Facebook click here.

No comments:

STATCOUNTER


View My Stats
Powered By Blogger