Thursday, September 25, 2008

CONFESSIONS

While sitting at home with NOTHING TO DO while I wait for the end of the world I have to admit that I am absolutely RIVETED by the events of the past week-and-a-half.
Although the financial crisis is not good news for those trying to find work (this winter I'll be pan-handling at the corner of Michigan and Chicago Streets in front of Ralph Lauren - I may be homeless but I'll always have my sense of style, although I'd rather beg in front of Hermes but that spot has already been staked out by a foreclosed homeowner) it has provided the various news channels with a FODDER of events to cover, analyze, debunk, speculate, salivate, etc.
And I am so hooked on this. NOW I know how those persons addicted to the OJ trial in in the '90s felt!
This year has been a bonanza of political and newsworthy events - first with the primaries featuring the contentious fight between Hillary and Barack, then the Summer Olympics and the strong showing of Jamaica athletes in track-and-field,
THEN the party conventions...but they saved the best for last:
About today's events - WHAT THE FUCK?! Are he and Pale-in-Comparison snorting some of Columbia's finest before making statements? I swear, the McSame/Pale-in-Comparison campaign is the gift that keeps on giving!!
Did anyone see Katie Couric's interview of Pale-in-Comparison on the CBS Evening News today? The overall interview seemed contrived from programmed and rehearsed Rethuglican potshots, but Pale-in-Comparison's answer to the last question from Ms Couric had me howling with laughter.
(See transcript below or click on this link to watch the interview: . Trust me, this is GREAT TV!!! )

Couric: But he’s been in Congress for 26 years. He’s been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

Palin: He’s also known as the maverick though, taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he’s been talking about - the need to reform government.

Couric: But can you give me any other concrete examples? Because I know you’ve said Barack Obama is a lot of talk and no action. Can you give me any other examples in his 26 years of John McCain truly taking a stand on this?

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I’m just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Palin: I’ll try to find you some and I’ll bring them to ya.

I'll try to find you some and bring them to ya?! Where the hell does she think she is - talking with a PTA president or principal?!
And don't get me started on McSame's so-called cancelling of his campaign to fly to Washington to "do what he can".....oh yeah, I shared my frustration on that earlier today. But seriously, first agreeing to issue a bi-partisan joint statement, then stating to stop campaigning to "rescue" the bailout bill in Washington? THEN saying that he may not participate in the presidential debate?
And NOW, the press has dug up video of Pale-in-Comparison at her home church being blessed by her Kenyan preacher for protection from WITCHCRAFT?
That'll sit well with the right-nuts.....sorry.... right-wing base of the Rethuglican party!
Trust me - the networks have been creaming their panties over all of this. BUT.....I am sensing a growing air of frustration and irritation from reporters and anchors at the antics of the MCSame/Pale-in-Comparison campaign....which is not good. If they're not careful they may turn off the public with only negative reporting on the McSame/Pale-in-Comparison ticket.
Okay, I am now going to make my soul-cleansing confession on behalf of all Democrats:
The MSNBC News Channel is to the Democrats what Fox News Channel is to Rethuglicans.
There!
My burden has been lifted.
Now if you'll excuse me...there's a rabid left-wing lesbian (Rachel Maddow - The Rachel Maddow Show, love her!) on MSNBC now barely containing her glee over the trip-ups of today's events by the McSame/Pale-in-Comparison.
Sleep - what the F**k is that?

No comments:

STATCOUNTER


View My Stats
Powered By Blogger