Monday, September 15, 2008

LITTLE BRITAIN COMES TO THE GOOD 'OLE U.S.A....AND I'M NOT SURE IF THEY'RE READY FOR IT!!!!

One of the most popular British comedies in recent history - "Little Britain" - is coming to the shores of the U.S.A., and I'm not sure if America is ready for it!

I was first introduced to the "Little Britain" series in 2005 by my English cousins Richard and Jenita. These are the same cousins who got me addicted to the 1980s "Spitting Image" series (whose vinyl characters are featured in the Phil Collins/Genesis 'Land of Confusion' music video), and first introduced me to Dr Frankenfurter of the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show', thus leading to the creation of my drag alter ego 'Bubbles' and her infamous Hedonism 'Sweet Transvestite' performances.

"Little Britain" is a episode of comedy skits acted out by Matt Lucas and David Williams. The skits includes memorable recurring characters such as London white trash Vicky Pollard, the cross dressing Emily Howard, the obese and (nearly) always naked Bubbles de Vere (and she shows all), to name a few.

The series has been adapted with a slight American flair and is being broadcast on HBO starting September 28 as "Little Britain: America". I thought they might try to tone it down so as not to offend American sensibilities, but thankfully it seems that Lucas and Williams stuck to their ideals and kept to the original offensive obnoxious, politically incorrect tones of the original series.

Although David Williams is excellent in his performances my hat is always off the the incredible talent of Matt Lucas. His method acting raises the bar for other comedic actors.

For a preview of this series watch the clip included in this posting:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video is no longer available for viewing ....

STATCOUNTER


View My Stats
Powered By Blogger