Friday, January 23, 2009

GOTTA LOVE CHICAGO'S MAYOR RICHARD DALEY

I LOVE this guy! I swear , he has NO filter on his mouth when he is ready to speak his mind - and in frustration he stutters like Elmer Fudd at the audacity of any situation.

Although Mayor Daley has been a fierce supporter of GLBT rights and makes a lot of logical explanations whenever sticky situations arise, his downfall is the (possible) corruption in his administration and the so call 'patronage' staff...a term I never understood.

However, this is not such a sticky point for me as I think a candid politician is as rare as....well....and honest politician.

Anyhoo, Mayor Daley deliver another candid, unfiltered remark today, commenting on today's press conference by Illinois Governor Rod Blagojavich's.

According to CBS2 Chicago:

Responding to questions about Gov. Rod Blagojevich's claims Friday that Democratic lawmakers are trying to oust him so they can raise taxes, Mayor Richard M. Daley said the governor was "cuckoo."
He noted that he has called Blagojevich "cuckoo" once before. The earlier comment came in September, when Blagojevich questioned financial statements by the head of the Chicago Transit Authority.

"I've said 'cuckoo' once. I'll say it again," Daley said.


He chirped another "Cuckoo!" to reporters before leaving his Friday morning news conference.


HE CHIRPED ANOTHER "CUCKOO!' TO REPORTERS BEFORE LEAVING HIS FRIDAY MORNING NEWS CONFERENCE?!

Got to love him....got to love him!!!!!!

No comments:

STATCOUNTER


View My Stats
Powered By Blogger