Wednesday, March 11, 2009

THE NEW FACE OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY?

On 'The Rachel Maddow Show' tonight the incomparable Ms Maddow interviewed Meghan McCain, daughter of former presidential candidate Senator John McCain.

Ms McCain claims herself to be a 'progressive Republican', and says that she thinks that is the direction the GOP needs to take if they hope to be successful in the future. She also stated that extremes - either far left OR far right - is NOT the solution.

She is also taking on one of the pariahs of the conservative movement - the evil pundit Ann Coulter (or 'the Coultergiest' as Keith Olberman calls her) - claiming that Coulter is bad for the party and she doesn't understand why this woman is so popular.

(See her article on 'The Daily Beast' here.)

[sic] "I'm not afraid to take her on. You know that saying 'if you're afraid of the heat, get out of the kitchen'? Well, I'm still here..."

I have seen Megan McCain interviewed before during the last presidential campaign and.....I like this girl!

She young, full of spunk, smart, pretty.....hey! Maybe the Republican Party DOES have a chance.

Did I just say what I think I just said?

No comments:

STATCOUNTER


View My Stats
Powered By Blogger