Friday, May 8, 2009

WE'RE LOSING OUR '70s ICONS

You know you're getting old when family and friends - along with icons of your youth - pass away in succession.

Today I read that pin-up sensation Farrah Fawcett is in her last days after losing her battle with cancer. I remember watching 'Charlie's Angels' and being fascinated with Farrah's hair and Jaclyn's Smith's make-up.

I also remember the disco days in the '70s, especially the release of 'Rock the Boat' and 'Freak Out' by Le Chic.

I also remember the disco version of the song 'If You Could Read My Mind' sung by Viola Wills. A major hit during the reign of disco the song briefly hit the pop charts once again after the biopic movie '54' was released in 1998.

Sadly, Viola passed away on May 6th after a long illness. Here's remembering her like we all did in the days of disco:


No comments:

STATCOUNTER


View My Stats
Powered By Blogger